Lynnwood's convenient location, on the intersection of two major freeways and just north of downtown, makes it the ideal gateway for exploring the Seattle area and the Pacific Northwest. Starting in February, it's about to get even easier to visit Lynnwood with a new airport opening just north of Lynnwood at Paine Field. When you arrive at the Paine Field Airport, you are an easy 15 minute drive from your Lynnwood hotel. Alaska Airlines and United Airlines will offer a combined 24 daily flights out of Paine Field with service between Everett and Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix, Portland, Sand Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and Denver.
The two terminal airport, owned by Propeller Airports, was designed to elevate the customer experience, including beautiful finish details and concierge services. The main terminal features "living room" style seating area to keep travelers comfortable while waiting for their flights. Food and beverage services will be provided by Beecher's Handmade Cheese Cafe serving soup and sandwiches, and the Upper Case wine serving local Pacific Northwest wines and cocktails. Learn more about the Paine Field Airport at www.flypainefield.com or www.painefield.com.
Depending on what time your flight arrives, there are some must-see attractions located near the airport in the Paine Field Aviation District. Boeing's Future of Flight Aviation Tour takes you inside the world's largest building for a glimpse of a Boeing's airplane manufacturing plant. Also at Paine Field is the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, with two airplane hangers filled with historic planes, tanks, and military vehicles, all restored to their original condition.
Here are some of our favorite things to see and do when visiting Lynnwood!
- Go shopping at Alderwood. This 1.3 million square foot shopping center offers a unique mix of retail, entertainment and dining options.
- Visit the Edmonds waterfront. Explore the beautiful Puget Sound beaches in Edmonds, have lunch on the waterfront, and visit the Cascadia Art Museum.
- Take in a show at the Black Box Theater, Edmonds Center for the Arts or Wade James Theater. Each of these performing arts theater offer a variety of productions, comedy shows and live music.
- Play a round of golf at the Lynnwood Golf Course. This 18-hole golf course is open year-round with a course suitable for golfers of all skill levels.
- Get out on the Puget Sound. Take a ferry ride from Edmonds to Kingston and explore the quaint beach town of Kingston. Head out on a whale watching tour with Puget Sound Express, with high-speed boats taking you all the way up to the San Juan Islands.
- Go wine tasting in Woodinville Wine Country, home to over 100 wineries and tasting rooms featuring wineries from all over Washington.
For more fun things to do and special events happening when you're in town, be sure to check out our events calendar.